Monday, February 21, 2011

Popcorn and a Movie

This time of year can be gloomy, cold, and wet. Because of that, we don't get outside as much as we'd like. It's the perfect time for snuggling together on the couch watching a movie with a big bowl of popcorn.

I love popcorn! And I don't mean the microwaveable kind. I pop the popcorn on the stove top. It's a lot simpler than some may think. Just put in 3 Tbsp oil and 1/3 cup popcorn into a big pot. T loves to watch the popcorn pop. I like to add butter, and a little salt. But, the most important ingredient to the way we make popcorn is agave nectar. I just drizzle it on and mix it in to make our popcorn a little sweeter and it's so yummy!

If you don't have agave nectar, you can add honey instead, but it can get a little gooey. So, just stick it into the oven for about 5 minutes or so (flat on a baking sheet) to harden it up. Tastes like caramel popcorn!



- Special thanks to my sister-in-law for giving us these popcorn ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment