Monday, May 2, 2011

Celebrating May Day

Yesterday, we made a craft in celebration of May Day. I never had done anything for May Day before, but this year I have been so excited for Spring, that I just really wanted to do a little something.

So, in honor of the traditional basket of flowers left anonymously at doorsteps, we made our own little flower vases to hang on our doorknobs.

I let T decorate some construction paper. The idea was for her to decorate two pieces of paper for two difference vases, but she really insisted that I do one and she do the other. So, I did one too.


She drew flowers, a polka-dotted sun, and clouds of many different colors.

I then folded the paper into a cone and taped it in place with double-sided tape. I hole punched both sides and strung yarn through the holes for it to hang. A few weeks ago, I had picked up some "spring flowers" from the craft store that were on sale. We used those so we can have our flowers hanging on the door knobs for as long as we like.

Here's mine hanging at our front door:


And, here's T's hanging on her bedroom doorknob:


I absolutely love how they bring spring into the home.
And, yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day spent mostly outside in the warm sunshine. Perfect first day of May.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty idea! We are loving spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to bring a bit of spring into your home! Very lovely!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, you have lots of flowers! how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this idea! We may copy you. :) I added myself as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy to have you as a follower! And feel free to copy my ideas; that's what this blog is for. :)

    ReplyDelete