Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Richard Scarry

When I was a young child, I fondly remember reading my Richard Scarry books. One of my favorites was Richard Scarry's Animal Nursery Tales. It contains classic nursery tales, such as The Three Little Pigs, The Gingerbread Man and Three Billy Goats Gruff, among others.

I got rid of a lot of my childhood toys and books, including Scarry's Nursery Tale book. Although, thankfully, I did keep some of his Golden Books and other memorable items, such as my rocking horse my dad made for me, my big Raggedy Ann, and child-sized rocking chair.

Three months ago, I placed this book on hold at our local library and we finally were able to check it out this month. It sure brings back memories. I love that T enjoys reading the stories as much as I did as a child. I think her favorite is the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

I also wanted to share this Scarry book I bought for L this past Easter, I Am a Bunny. The cutest book EVER. (I am partial to books with adoreable illustrations.)


I love Richard Scarry's books because they have always held my attention and they are visually appealing. Definitely check out his books if you haven't already.

I also came across these classic Golden Book stories on youtube. I wanted to share these even though they aren't all Richard Scarry stories. I have fond memories of all of them. T also enjoys watching these little stories on the computer.
Nursery Tales (It has 4 parts)
Scuffy the Tugboat
What Was That!
The Poky Little Puppy

1 comment:

  1. There's just something special about toys that come with such great memories! I don't have any left from my own childhood to pass down to my own kids, but I'm sure it's not such a bad thing, since ALL my toys were plastic and I remember playing mostly with Barbies, lol. But I sure hope some of my kids books and classic toys can make it to be passed on to their own children... how special would that be!

    ReplyDelete