Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Storytelling

Have you ever created your own story and told it to your children? A few months ago, I began doing this for the first time with T. She immediately loved it and demanded more right then. So, I told her another one. And another one. We have continued this just about every day now. A few days after me telling the first story, T began telling me stories of her very own. She has such an imagination and it's so cute to watch her mind think up different scenarios. She can go on and on and on.



I cut the video off because otherwise it would have been too long. Like I said, she can go on for awhile...

I encourage all parents to try this with their young children. Don't be afraid; you'll be surprised how the stories just come to you. And with children, the stories don't have to be elaborate. In fact, they're better when kept simple.

"A homemade story is a gift from heart to heart."- Sharifa Oppenheimer

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute, Jaqueline, and so great for T.'s language skills. My 7-year-old is really into dinosaurs, so I started telling him silly stories about the Corythosaurus family that mirrors our own family. Now he tells me stories about them as well.

    ReplyDelete