Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our New Sandbox

My kids have begun to play together. Their favorite spot: T's new sandbox that Papa made her for her birthday. I absolutely LOVE watching them play together.







Of course, my head began turning with more play ideas...
T and I created a little jungle world for her Lion King toys. (With a few Disney princesses thrown into the mix.)


We even dug a long hole in the middle of the sandbox for a river. We both took turns using the hose to fill it up.





For some more ideas on how to expand on your typical sandbox play:

- Add some ramps to the sandbox as seen over at Happy Hooligans.
- Or do like Jenny at Let the Children Play did and add some sort of divider with holes and have different levels and spaces to play in.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sandbox! I told my husband that he needs to build a large one for our kids, because our 7-year-old has grown out of the one we have but he still loves playing in it. Yours is perfect! Now I can show hubby what I was talking about. I love your idea for the jungle and river. We love playing like that too. :)

    Visiting from the It's Playtime hop! I would love it if you stopped by my blog to say hi! :)

    Mandi at boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the river and jungle play! Sand boxes are so great, I think I need to add some sand to mine so we can make a river - half of it empties out each year ;)

    ReplyDelete